"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Squish the Bug!

Well, it was unexpected...despite my daily imbibing of two 1,000 mg vitamin C pills and OCD-esque washing of my hands...I came down with a...dun dun duuuun...stomach bug! 


For the first time in almost 6 months I had to tell my employers I could not come to work. It was a phone call that I didn't want to make because I knew that it would put them in a tough spot as they scrambled to find alternate child care before they both had to leave for work. But, as my fever climbed and as I took up residence beside the toilet, it became obvious that the stomach bug had bitten and bitten hard. There would be no leaving the house...They were very nice about it, and the mom, who is a doctor even offered to prescribe me something for nausea. 


However, two days later, and I'm glad to say that I feel almost 100% better. My tummy is still a little rumbly but the fever has broken, I feel hungry, and I actually have energy. I tell you what, there is nothing like being sick to make you appreciate good health. 


Oh! And one good thing did come from this...I lost 3 pounds! Haha. 


Anyway, it's back to the old grind and time to play catch up. Convention starts exactly a week from today and I have lot left to do to get prepared for teaching the little ones. 


As you go about your day Blog Land, keep this song in mind...it's been in my head...I love it and is a perfect expression of my own testimony of God's faithfulness in my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment