"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Friday, June 1, 2012

It's That Time

Wow! What a week it has been!


My apologies Blog Land, for the length of time that has passed between posts, but I've been trying to adjust to my new work schedule. Yes, ladies and gentlemen of the world...Summer is finally here. Memorial Day has passed, the kiddos are out of school, temperatures have already reached almost 100 degrees, and the pools are open. 


Instead of heading in to work at about 11, I am now getting there between 8:30 and 9 and staying until about 6:30 in the evening. It makes for a very long day. I was lucky because the holiday allowed me to ease into this schedule. Since I don't watch Little Sis and Big Bro on Fridays, I was blessed to have only a 3 day work week. 


Overall, I guess the week went pretty well. I was surprised to find that it was Little Sis who gave me the most problems this week as she seems to have developed a case of voluntary deafness. This proved to be particularly frustrating as we spent our afternoons at the neighborhood pool and she decided that as Big Brother was in his swim team class that she wanted to run around the pool, and feign deafness as I tried to get her attention to tell her to stop running and to come back and sit with me. 


 Dear God, my hand was itching to tear her behind up. 


That's the drawback about being just the nanny and not Mommy...spankings can only be dealt out by the parents. Of course, once I caught Little Sis, I made her sit on my lap for the remainder of Big Brothers class. 


She tried to claw my eyes out.


 I addressed her behavior with her mom once we returned home, but it didn't prove to be very effective. Mom informed me that she had pretty much given up on trying to make Little Sis stay with her at the pool. Hmph. No wonder she wouldn't listen to me. Mom doesn't make her follow directions when she takes them to the pool. Well...all I have to say is that Little Sis won't be allowed to do that with me! She may run the house when Mommy is at home, but during the day...Rachel runs things!


Anyhow, I think I have a pretty good idea as to what our weeks during the summer will involve.  Each day of the week we will have some kind of structured activity.We will have a cooking day, a craft day, a movie day, and a field trip day. I'm hoping that the more we stay occupied, the less meltdowns and bad behavior we will have. These two children have a very special place in my heart...but goodness! They can be little boogers!


Even though it's a bit cloudy and will probably rain today, I'm going out to indulge in some much needed "me" time. The nail salon is calling my name and so is the mall! 


Happy Friday, Blog Land!


No comments:

Post a Comment