"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Sunday, June 10, 2012

C'est La Vie

This has been an absolutely insane week. 


On top of putting in over 50  hours at work, my Dad had another Pericarditis bout and ended up in the hospital for a couple of days, we forgot to pay our light bill and the energy company cut the electricity to our apartment, I made a mistake in balancing my checkbook and now my checking account is almost 100 bucks in the negative. I have yet to figure out why banks charge a 30.00 overdraft fee when obviously you don't have enough money in the account to begin with....? It's kind of like kicking someone when they're already down. Anyway, it was totally my fault because I forgot to deduct something in my checkbook. C'est La Vie. Finally after six days straight of working I have a full day off. Sadly enough, I have errands I have to run, crafts to prepare for the kiddos, and grocery shopping to do for the upcoming week. But hey, at least I got to sleep in this morning. Ha. 


Anyway, because I'm in need of a little humor, I've decided to share a funny little story from a Reader's Digest gift book that someone got me for my birthday last year. Enjoy. 


One of my fourth graders asked my teacher's assistant, "How old are you, Mrs. Glass?"
"You should never ask an adult's age," I broke in. 
"That's okay," Harriet said smiling. "I'm fifty."
"Wow, you don't look that old," the boy said.
I was breathing a sigh of relief when another child chimed in, "Parts of her do."


Teehee.

1 comment:

  1. BaHaHaA!!!!! On THe JoKe!

    SOrRy ABoUt uR wEeK...buT u gOt thRoUgH!!!
    LoVe yA!

    ReplyDelete