"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Friday, May 18, 2012

TGIF

TGIF!


It's been an interesting week and a few unexpected things have happened. On Monday, when I was waiting for Big Brother to finish with his after school program, I noticed that Little Sis was sneezing a lot. I was hoping that it was just someone's perfume that was making her nose tickle, but I had the sneaking suspicion that it might be the start of a cold. Tuesday morning I was awakened at 8:00 with a phone call from the kids' dad, telling me that Little Sis had a cold, and could I come now because they didn't want to send her to school. *Sigh*. I knew it. I flew out of bed, into the shower, and then out of the house. The poor thing was miserable and just wanted to be held pretty much all day. I started popping 1000 mg Ester-C pills in the hopes that what she had wouldn't latch on to me...it didn't work. She didn't go to school on Wednesday either and by the end of the day, I was starting to feel a little tickle in my throat. 


Suffice it to say...I caught her bug. I will say though, that because I've been popping a ridiculous amount of Vitamin C, it seems as though my cold isn't as bad as hers was. I think by tomorrow I'll be as good as gold. Thank God...because I don't have time to be sick. 


I'm glad to have today off because if there's one thing I've learned about being sick, it's that getting ample rest is essential to recovering quickly. I have a great book that I'm in the middle of reading, sudoku puzzles, and netflix to keep me occupied and relaxed. I'm not planning on going anywhere until my hair appointment later today. 


This is random--- but my sister turned me on to this guy named Gotye...his style of music is a little different, but I'm really liking it...his voice is super mellow....perfect for a day of relaxing.







No comments:

Post a Comment