"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Friday, May 25, 2012

Fuel for the Fire

Although there is always fuel for the blog fire in my world, I seem to be at a little bit of a loss as to what I should write. I'm once again tossing around the idea of posting excerpts from the book I started writing about 3 years ago. I have considered posting excerpts before...but I found that the subject was still too close to my heart and not ready to be exposed to the criticism of the masses. I probably have not picked up the manuscript in almost a year...maybe more. Even now, thinking about the things that I have written brings tears to my eyes. In some of the darkest days of my young life I poured my sadness, my anger, hurt, angst, brokenness, and devastation into the words on a page. 


I did it to cope. 


The bulk of the story is finished but what is lacking is a solid ending. I haven't written it because I can only write of what I know...the end remains unseen. I mean...the major event was resolved but, I hate to leave the story there. It's kind of hard to publish a story that doesn't end, but merely stops. 


I'm also hesitant to post excerpts because aside from a few facts thrown in to make it more fun, the book is based largely on events that actually happened. Names have been changed, but all those involved will probably recognize themselves in one character or another and the story line is unmistakably my life. It is not my intent to reflect anyone in a negative light...and I tried to be as fair as I could, however, some people may not like what they read. I would like to avoid starting World War III. 


*Sigh* 


What's a girl to do? I think I'm ready to share my book with the world...but...maybe the world isn't ready? 


What do you think? I'd love to have your input, faithful followers...


To Post or Not to Post...That is the Question!

7 comments:

  1. aM i iN uR BoOk?? Ha! WaiT tHiS CoMmEnT iS ANoNyMouS!
    LoL! dO wHAt U feEl iS RiGhT..lUv U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aM i iN uR BoOk?? Ha! WaiT tHiS CoMmEnT iS ANoNyMouS!
    LoL! dO wHAt U feEl iS RiGhT..lUv U!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...anonymous and yet I know exactly who this is! Of course you're in the book darling! But I promise you play only a positive role! LOL.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm...Not sure if I'm ready to see written that I've failed you in some major way - Not sure...(LUBAB!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mom! *Rolls Eyes*. You know exactly what the story is and you are also barely in it!! LOL. And you've never failed me in my entire life! So...Calm Down!!!!!!! LOL!

      Delete
    2. Lol! You know me - gotta be Mooooom :-) (LUBAB!!)

      Delete
  4. Jt.
    Not as concerned about seeing me, as i am about seeing your pain! Think you no me well enough to know how i feel about public consumption of what is INTIMATELY you! Thank God for the catharsis it provided, and leave it there. Just my opinion!

    ReplyDelete