"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Only as Old As...

In about 3 months I will be turning 25 years old. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!


Me and one of my best friends had a discussion---or rather, a mutual freak out session---about our approaching milestone birthdays. She will be turning 25 one month after I do. It's like when you hit that age you really aren't a kid anymore. When I step back and look at my life, it looks like a normal( but then again, what is normal?) adult life. I have an apartment... I have a car...I have a job...I have bills....I have responsibilities...It's hilarious because even though my life is all grown up, I still feel like that goofy little girl who laughed at everything, loved to randomly burst into singing and dancing fits, and be hugged by her mom.


I think that this is the first birthday that I have NOT looked forward to. It's crazy because I always imagined that by the time I hit 25, I would be doing the following:
1. Have a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science
2. Finishing Law School
3. Married or getting ready to get married
4. Working in a Law Office
5. Traveling


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


Which of these goals have I accomplished? Um...that would be...none of the above. As I look over this list of non-accomplishments I'm reminded once again, that I do not run my life. God has a purpose and a plan for my life and sometimes that purpose and plan doesn't quite line up with MY plan. If there's anything I can say about life it is to expect the unexpected and remember that all things work together for good to them who love God and who are the called according to His purpose.


Things have not gone according to plan in the least. If I had my druthers, things would be quite different. But then again...it is the unexpected things...good and bad...that have made me who I am. Heartbreak and disappointment are incredible teachers. It gives you a perspective and a wisdom that you would not have had otherwise.


So...I may not have not have accomplished the things I wanted to...but well...I'm still young! The possibilities are limitless...and my life is pretty much beautiful as it is. 25, here I come!!







4 comments:

  1. We just keep getting older... Never younger :/. But i was thinking... I turn the age of my favorite number this year!!! Maybe that means ill have a really great year! Also, my husband will be turning... 27! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Over the hump to 30!! Whew!

    -klewlew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Simply Beautiful, Beautiful!! I am sooooo encouraged by your perspective on life Sweetie. No - life does not and will not always go according to our plans, but when we can keep in the right perspective - Romans 8:28 - we can get through it all a little easier. This blog today has helped me as well - Thank you!! :-) Yes, Beautiful, Beautiful.
    I LUBABABAB!! Guess who - :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something so simple can be so easy to forget. Thanks for reminding me my life is beautiful, beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We CaN Do It! Nothing To iT!! LeTs dO iT bIg!!

    ReplyDelete