"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Brown Girl Turns 3 Shades of Red and Seeks Refuge Under Kitchen Table...


Have you ever done something so ridiculous, stupid, crazy, or self-destructive that temporary insanity is the only rational reason that could possibly justify your actions?

I have...today.

What is it that can make an otherwise perfectly rational, composed, and "together" woman absolutely lose it at times? I'm one of those analytical souls who tends to think through every possible action, every possible consequence...I mull over simple decisions...visualizing the long term effects that my decision will make. It is not in my normal everyday nature to be impulsive. 

And yet, there's a side of me that will throw caution to the wind and let the chips fall where they will, and pick up the pieces from there. 

However...the caution that I so recklessly threw to the wind, usually blows back and hits me dead in the face. Don't worry world, I haven't done anything stupid or dangerous...but...well...this was a situation where I should have quietly kept my opinion to myself instead of trying to persuade someone to see things from my point of view and to act accordingly. Some people, apparently, don't want to be told what to do by a bossy Leo...Hmm..who would've thought?! Ha. 

Well...I guess I'll crawl out from under the table now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment