"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Monday, April 11, 2011

This is the Stuff

I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'Cuz I can't find my phone
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin"
Francesca Battistelli is a genius. When I first heard this song, I burst out  laughing. I mean, it's like the story of my life. It's 6:59 and I'm supposed to be at work at 7, but I'm still at home because I can't find my keys, or my phone, and my phone's on silent, so even if someone does call it, I won't be able to hear it. This is the stuff that drives me CRAZY!
Why is it the little things that often give us so much trouble? The song continues...
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world
Th fact of the matter is, losing your keys is not the end of the world. Neither is losing your phone...or getting pulled over for going 45 in a 35 zone. Or being stuck behind an old biddy out for a leisurely Sunday drive in the middle of rush hour on a Monday morning.
We're so busy, caught up in our own little problems in our own little world, that sometimes we forget about the big picture. God wants to break us of our impatience and frustrations, and He will use even the little everyday catastrophes to do that. Even if the mess we're in seems enormous, there's always someone in worse shape than you, and we are still blessed because God has given us the very best.
SO...In the middle of your little mess, don't forget how big you're blessed!






4 comments:

  1. I LoVe ThiS sOnG..I cAn SeE uS aLl wiTh thE wiNdows RoLleD dOwN "JaMMiN" tO thIs sOnG..aNd wHeN sHe sAyS "And call me please 'Cuz I can't find my phone"..wE aLl lOok ArOuNd iN thE CaR foR oUr pHoNeS..lol.
    PlUs iTS mOrE liKe..cALl mY PhoNe aNd FeEl aRouNd bEcAuSe iTs on viBraTe..

    AhHH..i HaRdLy rECogNizE mY RiNGtoNEs wHeN iT dOES rInG..aNywaY..<3 juR bLoG..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I can totally see that! LoL! And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That was hardly anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song and yes it make me laugh the first time I heard it but, later it just made me repent for all those time I did not notice, I just got mad about it. No realizing that it was HIM all the time. I love lisenting to this song. Is not about me is all about him!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete