"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Monday, April 18, 2011

Relentless

There is nothing quite like being in love. There is nothing quite like pursuing love. There is nothing quite like be pursued by one you love.

Many times, as women, we find ourselves searching and longing for the kind of love that we find in movies, books, and fairy tales. From the time we are very small, our parents tell us the stories of Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty. We are lead to believe that "Someday my prince will come" and we'll live "happily ever-after".

Well, I hate to burst your bubble if you didn't already know this, but life is no fairy tale...your prince may be charming at first, but time will reveal flaws just like the next guy. While it is possible to find contentment within relationships, I'm afraid that on this side of heaven, there is no such thing as happily ever after. I know you may be thinking to yourself, "Man, what a kill joy". If I wasn't writing this, but reading it, I know I would be thinking the same thing...I promise, I am going somewhere with this.

Have you ever been in a relationship that consumed you? You loved so much and so hard that you forgot to leave anything for yourself? I think, we've all probably experienced something like this. Within human relationships, this is never a good thing. People will always be people, and let me tell you, that man that you think is so prince-like and charming, probably has some serious character flaws (don't we all?). I've said that to say that in becoming overlyconsumed with a person or relationship is setting yourself up for disappointment. Unless...it's one person in particular. Jesus Christ. Our relationship with Him, is the only one that should be all consuming.

The amazing thing about Him is that He will never stop pursuing us until He has all of us. Until there is nothing left of me...until I'm completely filled with him.  He will never stop pursuing us, and we should never stop chasing after Him. "More of you God, More of you God" should always be the cry of our hearts. His love is so overwhelming that it cannot be quenched. His jealousy over us is without measure. He wants to set His love in and on our hearts like a seal. He is relentless in His love.

I want to share with you, world, a song that has ministered to my heart tremendously. The lyrics are beautiful. Enjoy.


You won't relent until you have it all
My heart is yours

I'll set You as a seal upon my heart
As a seal upon my arm
For there is love that is as strong as death
Jealousy demanding as the grave
Many waters cannot quench this love

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
Come be the fire inside of me
Until You and I are one

No comments:

Post a Comment