"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easy as 1...2...3...

Once again, world, another wedding approaches...and no, I'm not talking about Prince William and Kate. Yet another of my good friends is getting married in June. Once more, I will be attempting to fit into a dress that makes me despair of my horrible eating habits and "when i get around to it" work-out routine.

Whatever will I do?

I do have some good news, though. I am losing weight.

Yay.

You know, it's not about looking good to other people. It's not about giving into stereotypes or desiring to look like the stick thin models that dominate TV.  For me, it's about feeling comfortable in my own skin, and about treating my body right by giving it the food it needs, as well as the exercise it needs, to be healthy.

Just earlier today I was reading an article on CNN about a woman who lost over 200 pounds by following 4 easy tips her doctor gave her. They are as follows: 1) Eat 8 ounces of food every 3 hours 2) No sugary drinks 3) Do not skip meals 4) Do not tell anyone what you're doing.

Sounds easy enough eh? Hmmmm.

Here's the link to article. It's pretty interesting. http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/04/22/weight.loss.anita.mills/index.html?hpt=Sbin                                                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment