"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Days

An hour ago, the streets were only wet from the snow that was melting as it hit the ground. Now, they're snow covered.

I don't know what it is about snowfall that can turn usually semi-serious and hardworking adults into giddy children. I really don't. But I experienced some of this snow-induced giddiness as we got the announcement in our department that we could all go home early before the weather got any worse. I did a happy dance (literally). Ha.

So now, instead of slaving away at my usual work day grind, I am comfortably sitting on my couch, watching the snow fall through the open blinds of my patio door. I have the smooth sounds of Anita Baker on my playlist, and colombian roast is brewing in the coffee pot. I just love snow days!

2 comments:

  1. I like snow days in theory, especially when classes are canceled. I don't like them when I have to drive on snowy roads in order to get to work. Especially when it's night. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I loved it yesterday, but not as much today when I had to drive through it this morning for work lol

    ReplyDelete