"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Saturday, January 1, 2011

On a Saturday Night

It's the first day of the new year. Welcome 2011. It's only 11:30 on a Saturday night, the first Saturday night of the year no less, and I'm already in the bed with my  contacts out, ugly glasses and PJs on, and listening to the sounds of running water and birds chirping from the Astral itunes radio station. Sounds like a dream, huh? Very relaxing and mellow. It is. Only....it's not what I had in mind for my night.

Around 7 this evening I scrolled and re-scrolled through my cell phonebook, looking and searching for a friend (preferably male) to go out to dinner and watch a movie or something *sigh*....not an eligible soul to be found.

There are days when I LOVE being a single woman...I mean, really, being unattached has it's definite advantages. But on nights like tonight, when I 'm just itching to get all cuteyfied(yes, I just made up that word) and out of the house, but no one male or female friend is available ( because all the females have boyfriends and husbands), it is NOT cool, and I am not ok with it!

Oh well...such is life. It's only one Saturday night...right? I hope LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment