"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just Breathe

Today was absolutely glorious outside! When I left the house for work around 11 this morning, it was already a comfortable 63 degrees and the temperature wasn't going to do anything but keep climbing. There was hardly a cloud in the sky and sun was nearly blinding in it's brilliance.

This time of year..minus the rain...is one of my favorites. Many people are surprised when they find out that my favorite seasons are spring and fall. I explain that I like them because everything is "in between". In the spring, the weather is finally starting to warm up and in the fall, it has begun to cool down without getting down right cold. 


I really don't know which one I like better. I like spring because everything is so green and starting to come alive again. The daffodils poke their sunny little heads above the ground, Robins are flitting everywhere, and the frogs are croaking up a  storm in the evenings. 


*Sigh* I love it. 


I don't mind the rainy days so much either in spring, as long as there aren't too many in a row. There's nothing quite like sitting in a chair by a window that's half open, and listening to the sound of the drops as they hit the ground and inhaling that fresh rain smell.


*Sigh* I still love it. 


Anyhow, this is a rather aimless post...but if it serves any purpose at all, I hope it reminds you to take a second glance at those daffodils...go sit out on your patio or porch at night and listen to the frogs and bugs...crack the window the next time it rains...and just...breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment