"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Friday, March 16, 2012

Death by Cleaning

I was nearly killed today...by a house.


Every other Friday, as a part of my nanny job, I also take on the role of house cleaner. Mrs. A is off on Fridays, so she handles all of my normal daily responsibilities with the kids  while I clean. 


The house is absolutely beautiful. It has a basement, a ground level floor, and an upstairs. The upstairs level has 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a laundry room, and a bonus room. All of these rooms are separated by a hallway that has a wood floor that is as wide as my bedroom in my apartment. The first floor contains a formal living room, formal dining room, family room, kitchen, breakfast nook, bathroom, and enclosed sun room, all complete with wood floors (except for the sun room). The basement is fully finished, has a mini bar, bathroom, family room, game room, and office. 


In short...the house is HUGE. 


Of course, since I'm there everyday, I knew how big it was...but the word HUGE took on a whole new meaning as I cleaned my way around the house.


I started at 9 this morning and didn't finish until 2:15. And I didn't even clean the basement.


When I finally got into my car to leave, I glanced at myself in the rear view mirror and then chuckled...my face was glistening with sweat and my hair was going in very odd directions....lol...I reached into the back seat to grab my purse when I discovered OOoow! I  apparently used some muscles that I haven't used in a while. 


I may be half dead and unable to move but hey...the house looks great and I made some pretty decent money...c'est la vie! 



No comments:

Post a Comment