"...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly one by one, it's quaint events were hammered out- and now the tale is done...the dream child moving through a land of wonders wild and new, In friendly chat with bird
or beast-and half believe it true..." -Lewis Carroll

Monday, June 6, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Hello World!

I'm happy to inform you that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. As you know, I've been having some technical difficulties regarding my internet, as well as actual computer equipment issues. On top of my continued no internet problem, a few weeks ago, the power cord to my Macbook broke in half. Yes, ladies and gentlemen...it just snapped in half. As if this wasn't bad enough, when I logged on to the Apple website a few short days later, I found that the necessary replacement would cost me about 80 bucks. No bueno.

As I bemoaned the situation to my dad, he suggested that I check Amazon.com to see if they had anything cheaper. Voila! They did. So, I ordered the part for 30 dollars instead of 80 and happily waited to receive it. And waited. and waited. Finally, almost 2 weeks, later it came.I excitedly tore open the package and hooked the cord into the wall and my laptop. It worked! Then, however, I noticed that in the top right hand side of the screen where usually there is a picture of a battery charging, it said instead the words, NOT CHARGING. What was the deal? It was plugged into the wall. I called Apple and spoke to a very helpful guy who informed me that my battery was depleted and that I needed a new one. *SIGH*. Could this get any worse I wondered. Apparently, yes, because 4 days later my "new" power cord also stopped working.


So...I've said all this to say, that the reason why there haven't been many updates of late, is because I only have access to a computer if I'm at someone else's house. So I am now in the process of returning the "new" power cord and contemplating whether I will again use Amazon to purchase another one, or just bite the bullet and pay an arm and a leg for one from Apple.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment